Thursday, March 10, 2005

The concept

I am a big nerd who enjoys visiting historical sites. I am also a teacher, with a spring break coming up. Here is my bold and daring plan. I plan to travel the Northeast of the United States, and stay with old friends I haven't seen in a while, or friends of friends who are interesting people. I would like your help. Please let me know if you know anyone along my planned route who could host me for 1 night. The following is my planned itinerary.
Saturday, March 26--Washington, D.C.
Janna and I are going to stay together at a swanky hotel thanks to the hospitality of Team Ryskamp. Any friends in the D.C. area, Ryan and Rebecca, et al., are welcome to come join us in the hot tub.
Easter Sunday, March 27--NYC
Janna is going to take the train or bus south, and I am going to head on to NYC. Any takers?
Monday and Tuesday, March 28 and 29--Providence, RI and Boston, MA
I have no specific agenda, but I'm going to check out the history. Alaina may have some help for me here.
Wednesday, March 30--Cooperstown, NY
I'm going to the Baseball Hall of Fame, and maybe a winery?
Thursday, March 31--Gettysburg, PA
I cried when I read a book about this battle in middle school. It's the only time I've been reduced to tears by any medium. Alaina may also have some help for me here, too.
Friday, April 1--Charlottesville, VA
Home again, home again, jiggety jog. I plan to make entries as I can when I visit each of these places, and I will eventually post pictures of my travels on this website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home